Things to Know for Aerial Yoga Classes:
- Instructor supervision is required to get on and move around on an aerial silk hammock for safety reasons.
- Bring your normal yoga mat to an aerial yoga class.
- Only one person per hammock.
- Do not wear clothes with buttons or zippers, as they may tear the hammocks.
- Bring or wear a long sleeved shirt or a tight jacket to layer over for more comfort with fabric friction. Cotton or cotton-blend fabrics are best for preventing slipping.
- Wear deodorant and have clean skin.
- Remove all jewelry, watches, and hair clips.
- Do not wear strong smelling perfumes or colognes.
- Caution is advised for people with: very high or low blood pressure, easy onset vertigo, pregnancy, glaucoma, recent surgery, heart disease, osteoporosis, bone weakness, recent head injury, cerebral sclerosis, propensity for fainting, artificial hips, carpal tunnel syndrome, severe arthritis, sinusitis or head cold, recent stroke, botox injections (within 6 hours).