Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of aerial yoga?
- Decompress tight joints
- Core strength and lengthening
- Increases muscle and flexibility
- Hold challenging yoga postures longer with correct alignment
- Release of happy hormones-serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin , dopamine
- Increases the Neuroplasticity of the brain (one’s ability to learn)
- Low-impact cardio-vascular conditioning
- Fine tuning balance and increase proprioception
- Refreshes the lymphatic, digestive, circulatory systems through inversions.
- Muscular tension release through self-massage techniques
- Adds an entirely new dimension to your Yoga/Fitness practice
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering fears
How do I prepare for class?
Make sure you've had some food at least an hour before class. If you have not eaten, you will not have the strength to do some of the tricks that are taught in class. However, if you do eat, you must leave some time to digest it, as every class will spend some time inverted (upside-down) and we definitely don't want to see that food coming back up.
What do I bring to class?
- A bottle of water. Stay hydrated!
- Your phone. We are more than happy to help you take a cool picture for you to post on your social media and show off to your friends.
What do I do when I arrive to class?
- You can drop off your belongings by the couches in the Aerial Yoga room or in the lockers near the bathrooms. Make sure you leave your shoes with your belongings; please do not wear them in the studio. If there isn't a previous ongoing class, you can grab a pink yoga mat from the corner rack and lay it under the hammock of your choosing. You will need to make sure the hammock is the right height for you; if you are new and do not know how to measure the right height, please do not hesitate to ask the instructor.
What is provided in the studio?
- Aerial hammocks and yoga mats are provided in the studio.
What do I wear to class?
- Top: A form-fitting short-sleeved t-shirt is preferred. The small amount of sleeve will act as a a bit of protection in certain moves that creates friction of the hammock against the skin. If that is not available, tank tops will be a suitable substitution. DO NOT wear anything with buttons or zippers, as these can tear the hammock!
- Bottom: Leggings that go past the knee. Many aerial moves contain a lot of skin-to-hammock friction, so longer length leggings will help in those situations. If you do not have a pair you can wear, shorts are also a suitable substitution.
- Feet: Barefoot or socks! Please do not wear shoes in the main area of the studio.
- DO NOT wear any accessories or jewelry such as watches, earrings, bracelets, rings, necklaces. These will not only hinder your ability to move in the hammock, but they will also catch and rip holes in them! We have lockers available for your convenience (locks not included).
- DO NOT wear any makeup, perfume, or lotion right before class.